We have an ongoing commitment to providing services throughout the coronavirus pandemic and the spread of COVID-19. Keeping our clients and their families safe and healthy is our top priority.
Return of face-to-face services
VisAbility is now offering face-to-face services again in addition to online therapy. These services are available on a case-by-case basis, depending on the needs and preferences of each client. Please contact us to discuss your therapy needs and how we can best work with your family.
In accordance with government advice, we are collecting details from visitors to our premises, in case they are needed for contact tracing purposes.
When making and/or confirming appointments we might ask questions about you and other members of your household, including; COVID symptoms, contact with others who have tested COVID positive and recent interstate or overseas travel. Depending upon your answers, some appointments may need to be re-scheduled.
All VisAbility staff have completed COVID-19 safety and awareness training. Therapists and specialist staff have access to sanitation products and personal protective equipment (PPE), which can be used upon request by families.
VisAbility continues to provide online therapy services in addition to face-to-face appointments.
We are providing our usual specialist services including:
- Library Services – posting out audio cartridges from our Talking Library
- Accessible Information Services – Braille embossing and binding
Online services can be by phone, Skype, Zoom or Facetime, which means you can receive services in your own home via whatever mode of communication you prefer. You don’t need expensive equipment or technology to use online therapy – all you need is a smart phone.
Benefits of online therapy services include:
- More frequent contact with your therapist
- Increased flexibility with scheduling appointments
- Reduced travel and travel costs for families
- Reduced risks to yourself and your family in leaving your home
- Increased family engagement during sessions
- Less disruption to your family routine
- Increased confidence and empowerment for parents following the sessions.
Online therapy service appointments can be scheduled at a time that suits you. If you do decide to cancel, please give us 48 hours’ notice, or service fees will still apply as per the NDIS cancellation policy.
We’ve implemented a number of measures to protect the privacy of our clients during online therapy.
What you can do
We encourage our clients to continue to stay safe and that includes:
- Being mindful of social distancing, ideally keeping 1.5 metres apart from anyone else
- Washing your hands and your child’s hands with soap and water (preferable) or sanitiser where not available
- Contacting your GP if you feel you or your family members are developing any symptoms which may be COVID-19 related, and of course letting us know should this arise
- Limiting any large social gatherings
- Regularly spraying down hard surfaces and tops
- Minimising physical contact with the elderly and people at high risk, especially people with suppressed immune systems or ongoing health conditions.
How we will keep you informed
We will be providing updates on our services on our website as well as through social media, text or email.
With the introduction of social distancing and self-isolation, it is now more important than ever before to stay in contact with your friends, family and loved ones. If you ever need extra support, reach out to us.
If you have any questions regarding our services, don’t hesitate to contact us on (03) 6232 1222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information on COVID-19
The Australian Government’s Department of Health (link opens in new window) website provides up-to-date information about COVID-19. The National Disability Insurance Agency (link opens in new window) is also providing information which may assist your family.
The Disability Information Helpline (link opens in new window) provides information and referrals on 1800643787. The Helpline is available Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm (AEST), excluding public holidays.