If you have been diagnosed with a vision impairment, the beginning of your services journey can be filled with many questions. We understand that assessing your needs and navigating through funding plans, therapy and specialist services can be a challenging process. We’re here to assist you with your questions and concerns to make this a seamless process for you.
We’ve outlined common questions that are asked by new clients.
What services do you offer?
- Our comprehensive specialist services are delivered in your home, at school, at work and in the community
- We offer a range of vision-specific therapeutic services
Who can I speak to find out more about your services?
You can call our client experience team:
- Phone us on 1800 484 333 Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm
How do I apply for services?
- Complete the enquiry form at the bottom of this page
- Fill in the easy online referral form
- Call us on 1800 484 333
What do I need to apply for services?
- Copy of a recent eye report
- Any documentation relating to your funding
Can someone else apply for services on my behalf?
- Yes, if you have granted permission for them to do so
- We will still be in contact with you to discuss options
What happens after I apply for services?
- A member of our team will get in touch with you to determine the most appropriate services and assist you to access them
When will I hear back from VisAbility after I apply for services?
We will endeavour to get in touch with you within two business days.
What funding can I receive?
Our staff will speak with you about which funding is available for you.
- We’re a registered provider for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Services can also be purchased privately for a fee
- We facilitate access to Department of Veteran’s Affairs (DVA) and My Aged Care (MAC)
- Other funding options are available
Find out more about our funding options.
Am I eligible for funding?
- Our team will discuss eligibility criteria with you to determine which funding is available to you
- We can support you with the information required in your funding applications
I have received services from VisAbility before, do I have to reapply?
- Depending on your last interaction with your funding source, you may or may not need to reapply
- One of our team members will discuss this with you
How to get support
Please complete the form below to make an initial enquiry about the low vision services and support we can provide. Our Client Experience Team will contact you to discuss your individual needs both now and into the future.