The beginning of your services journey can be filled with many questions. We understand that assessing your needs and navigating through funding plans, therapy and specialist services can be a challenging process. We’re here to assist you with your questions and concerns to make this a seamless process for you.
We’ve outlined common questions that are asked by new clients.
What services do you offer?
- Our comprehensive specialist services are delivered in your home, at school, at work and in the community
- We offer a range of vision-specific therapeutic interventions
Who can I speak to find out more about your services?
You can call our client experience team:
- Phone us on 1800 484 333 Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm
How do I apply for services?
What do I need to apply for services?
- Copy of a recent eye report
- Any documentation relating to your funding
Can someone else apply for services on my behalf?
- Yes, if you have granted permission for them to do so
- We will still be in contact with you to discuss options
What happens after I apply for services?
- A member of our team will get in touch with you to determine the most appropriate services and assist you to access them
When will I hear back from VisAbility after I apply for services?
We will endeavour to get in touch with you within two business days.
What funding can I receive?
Our staff will speak with you about which funding is available for you.
- We’re a registered provider for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Services can also be purchased privately for a fee
- We facilitate access to Department of Veteran’s Affairs (DVA) and My Aged Care (MAC)
- Other funding options are available
Find out more about our funding options.
Am I eligible for funding?
- Our team will discuss eligibility criteria with you to determine which funding is available to you
- We can support you with the information required in your funding applications
I have received services from VisAbility before, do I have to reapply?
- Depending on your last interaction with your funding source, you may or may not need to reapply
- One of our team members will discuss this with you
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.