We provide Group Programs to support you to meet people, make connections and have fun. Our programs are designed to bring social connection and inclusion support to adults with low or no vision.
Express yourself and contribute to your local community through creative and sensory activities in our group workshops.
You will be supported to use specialised equipment, assistive technology, processes and your other senses to compensate for your vision impairment.
We offer group workshops throughout the year.
This provides an opportunity to make new connections, receive peer support, and learn new skills.
If there is anything that you would like to try we would love to hear from you. Follow us on our Facebook page (link opens in new window) for updates on coming workshops.
To register your interest or find out more contact us.
The Living Well Program helps you understand the causes and effects of vision loss and its impact on everyday life. You’ll also have the opportunity to share your story and ideas with others in a similar situation to yours. The group is facilitated by a VisAbility Occupational Therapist and is offered online to Tasmanian residents.
- Understanding vision loss
- Maximising remaining vision and using other senses
- Staying in touch: phones, writing, alternatives to writing, time & date, and Assistive Technology
- Managing personal care: includes medication and money
- Home management: includes cooking and dining skills
- Stepping out: leisure and recreation, safety in the community, and mobility strategies and aids.
This program runs for six weeks and each weekly session is three hours.
Contact us to find out more or to reserve your place in the next group.