This hands-on, practical advanced techniques course will show you how to make a PDF accessible in Adobe Acrobat DC Pro and will:
- Outline the background to web accessibility standards and their continued importance.
- Demonstrate how to make existing PDF documents accessible in Adobe Acrobat DC without access to the original source file. This is to ensure that PDFs can be easily understood by people living with vision impairment.
- Our Digital Accessibility Consultant trainer will talk you through the tools to use for each process and provide a step-by-step handbook for reference, post-course.
- Background to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and 2.1 (link opens in new window) and PDF Universal Accessibility (PDF/UA).
- Understand how people with vision impairment engage with printed documentation.
- Learn how to use Adobe’s inbuilt accessibility tools.
- Step-by-step workshop to teach best practice processes for creating PDF documents.
- Adobe accessibility settings
- Managing document properties
- Managing forms
- Managing links
- Managing tables and lists
- Bookmarks and table of contents (ToC)
- Export settings and preferences
- Accessibility Checker tool
- Quick wins and handy tips
Who is this course for?
- Individuals and organisations with staff or customers living with vision impairment.
- Individuals and organisations that produce printed information for the public.
This course is suitable for Graphic Designers or professionals who are proficient in using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
Course material includes:
- Step-by-step handbook to creating accessibility within Adobe Acrobat documents.
- Tips and tricks to implement accessibility and speed up the editing process.
Workshops are held online for participants in Tasmania.
Group (2+): $1,155 (incl GST)
Individual: $495 per person (incl GST)
2023/24 workshop dates:
- Thursday 10 August 2023
- Thursday 19 October 2023
- Thursday 8 February 2024
- Thursday 18 April 2024
- Thursday 27 June 2024
- Participants to bring a laptop or tablet with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC installed
- Access for all
- How to create accessible Word documents
- Mailchimp accessibility made easy
- How to make accessible EPUB documents in Word
- How to make accessible reflowable EPUBs in Adobe InDesign
- How to make a PDF accessible in Adobe InDesign
- How to write Easy English
- How to make social media accessible
How to book training:
Please complete the form below and one of our team will contact you to discuss your requirements further.