Orientation and Mobility (O&M) specialists are trained specifically to work with people with low or no vision. They support you to move through your environments safely and help you work out where you are, where you’re going, and how to get there.
Orientation and Mobility can support you to:
- Move confidently through environments
- Make best use of remaining vision and other senses to find your way
- Find the safest travel routes to specific destinations such as throughout the home, school shops, work, the doctor, gym, or university
- Safely and independently cross roads
- Travel on public transport
- Use the most appropriate mobility aid to meet your needs, from a cane through to electronic travel aids
- Develop skills for self-orientation, including using other senses
- Receive help and support to access the community
This service is provided one-on-one in your home, school, workplace and out in the community. It’s also available remotely through the Remote Orientation and Mobility (ROAM) program.
Our Orientation and Mobility Specialists are accredited with the Orientation and Mobility Association of Australasia (link opens in new window).
Download our Orientation and Mobility services brochure here [link opens in new window].
How to get support
If you have concerns about your own vision or the vision of someone you know and would like to talk to one our specialists, please complete the form below to make an initial enquiry about the low vision services and support we can provide.
Our Client Experience Team will contact you to discuss your individual needs both now and into the future.