Search our collection of more than 70,000 book titles, download titles (restrictions apply to copyrighted titles). We are continually adding titles and you can submit requests for a specific book to be converted into an alternative, accessible format (eg. DAISY, large print or Braille) if we do not currently have it available.
Digital books are produced in special audio book format known as DAISY, which is a worldwide standard developed specifically for people who have a print disability. There is no cost for the download service.
How to join the VisAbility Library
* Membership to the Library and borrowing audio books is free of charge for anyone who is a resident of Australia and who has a print disability.
You are considered to have a print disability if you are:
- Living with blindness or vision impairment.
- Unable to hold printed material, eg. books or turn pages due to a physical limitation, such as arthritis.
- Living with a perceptual disability such as dyslexia.
Downloadable audio books
Once registered as a user, you are able to download individual audio books directly from the Library website onto a smart device, computer or memory stick.
Some popular genres include:
Popular authors and series:
Postal lending service
Our convenient and long-standing lending service can post audio books to your home.
Books are provided on special re-usable USB cartridges that you can play on a dedicated digital talking book player. These easily handled cartridges are a similar size to a cassette and can hold several books at once. They have the benefits of flash media storage with low environmental impact.
- Our library contains fiction or non-fiction material
- We can make personalised selections for you
- Request specific titles from our regular catalogue listings
The VisAbility braille library (link opens in new window) contains a selection of books written in braille that you are able to download directly, or contact us if you would prefer an embossed copy posted directly to you.
Each individual embossed book may consist of multiple volumes, due to the space required to print Braille books.
How to get support
Please complete the form below to make an initial enquiry about the low vision services and support we can provide. Our Client Experience Team will contact you to discuss your individual needs both now and into the future.