This hands-on, practical course will show you how to make a PDF accessible in Adobe InDesign and will:
- Outline the background to web accessibility standards and their continued importance.
- Demonstrate how to create accessible PDF documents using Adobe InDesign that can be easily understood by people living with vision impairment.
- Our Digital Accessibility Consultant trainer will talk you through the tools to use for each process and provide a step-by-step handbook for reference, post-course.
- Background to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and 2.1 (link opens in new window) and PDF Universal Accessibility (PDF/UA).
- Australian Government policy/procurement
- Understand how people with vision impairment engage with printed documentation.
- Learn how to use Adobe’s inbuilt accessibility tools.
- Step-by-step workshop to teach best practice processes for creating PDF documents.
- Correct text/background colour contrast
- Document/template structure and headings
- Bookmarks and table of contents (ToC)
- Font sizes and paragraph styling
- Managing images
- Managing links
- Managing tables
- Managing forms
- Managing layout objects (lists, columns, text boxes etc)
- Export settings and preferences
- Accessibility Checker tool (Acrobat DC Pro)
- Check reading order and document tags (Acrobat DC Pro)
- Quick wins and handy tips
Who is this course for?
- Individuals and organisations with staff or customers living with vision impairment.
- Individuals and organisations that produce printed information for the public.
This course is suitable for Graphic Designers or professionals who are proficient in using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and Adobe InDesign.
Course material includes:
- Step-by-step handbook to creating accessibility within InDesign documents.
- Tips and tricks to implement accessibility and speed up the editing process.
Workshops are held online for participants in Tasmania.
Group (2+): $1,155 (incl GST)
Individual: $495 per person (incl GST)
2023/24 workshop dates:
- Thursday 15 June 2023
- Thursday 14 September 2023
- Thursday 23 November 2023
- Thursday 14 November 2023
- Thursday 14 March 2024
- Thursday 23 May 2024
- Participants to bring a laptop or tablet with Adobe InDesign installed
- Access for all
- How to create accessible Word documents
- How to make a PDF accessible in Adobe Acrobat DC Pro
- Mailchimp accessibility made easy
- How to make accessible EPUB documents in Word
- How to make accessible reflowable EPUBs in Adobe InDesign
- How to write Easy English
- How to make social media accessible
How to book training:
Please complete the form below and one of our team will contact you to discuss your requirements further.